CPE: 8 hours
Category: Management Advisory Services
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: CPAs, financial advisers, attorneys, insurance professionals and other professionals providing advice to retirees.
Those nearing retirement or in the early stages of retirement have some big questions to answer regarding how much is needed to retire comfortably, the best way to draw down retirement assets and ensuring their nest egg doesn't get cooked too soon. This course takes an in-depth look at retirement needs models, their flaws and ways to overcome their drawbacks. We'll look at the lessons to be gleaned from the leading retirement decumulation approaches and how to incorporate them into an effective distribution plan that mirrors the goals of your clients.
- Determine how to make retirement planning an area of expertise in your practice.
- Identify traditional retirement planning methods and techniques.
- Identify how recent legislative changes and research findings are changing the pre- and post-retirement advice offered to clients.
- Recognize withdrawal techniques that can help extend the distribution period.
- Determine how to integrate a retirement plan distribution strategy with Social Security claiming strategy.
- Downside of traditional retirement asset accumulation strategies
- Threats to a successful retirement
- Holistic retirement planning: goals and tax, risk and investment management principles
- Matching investment assets with the appropriate retirement plan and distribution strategy