CPE: 8 hours
Category: Administrative Practice
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: CPAs who invest for their clients or themselves and anyone who wants a solid working knowledge of the investing world.
Learn the fundamental steps of constructing diversified portfolios; how to use fixed income to make money and reduce portfolio volatility; and when to use mutual fund managers to give you exposure to asset classes outside your areas of expertise.
- Identity practical tools and templates to help you build investment portfolios for yourself or your clients.
- Determine how to pick stocks, bonds, mutual funds and ETFs, and learn how these selections affect portfolio returns.
- Recall key investment principles to help you meet your goals.
- Recognize how to pro-actively monitor and evaluate your portfolio.
- Portfolio construction and stock selection, monitoring and evaluation
- Asset allocation/diversification
- Market sectors
- Reducing volatility
- Fixed-income fundamentals
- Mutual and exchange traded funds
- Performance calculations
- Choosing investment managers