CPE: 2 hours
Prerequisites: A basic understanding of how and when to use email in a business context.
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: CPAs who use email in their daily interactions with clients, colleagues and staff members.
A poorly written email can mark the end of a long business relationship or the beginning of a lawsuit. Learn 10 key principles of smart email writing that will make you a more effective email user. Topics include crafting a powerful subject line, conveying your points clearly and controlling the tone of your message. We'll also discuss how to carve out specific times in your day to check email, rather than jump at every push notification, to make your day more productive.
- Determine how to write subject lines and emails that recipients will open, read and understand.
- Identify ways to avoid being overwhelmed by checking and sending email.
- Identify appropriate uses of email as a business tool.
- Recognize issues of confidentiality and privacy in email.
- When to use email and when to use the phone
- Powerful subject lines
- No privacy in emails
- Tone of message
- Writing clearly and correctly
- Forwarding emails appropriately
- Limiting email checking
- Email strategy