CPE: 2 hours
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: CPAs and financial professionals in public practice advising clients and businesses; individuals, sole practitioners and small and large firms and businesses.
The IC-DISC tax incentive for exporters of U.S.-manufactured products offers the opportunity to decrease federal income tax on a portion of exports by 20 percentage points. As the number of IC-DISCs implemented has grown exponentially during the last 10 years, now is the time to review the basics of creating an IC-DISC and explore case studies that show how different structuring opportunities can help an exporter maximize its IC-DISC benefit.
- Determine how to qualify and implement a corporation as an IC-DISC, including determining qualified export property and calculating the commission.
- Identify structures to satisfy different business scenarios to maximize IC-DISC benefits.
- IC-DISC: Overview, qualifications; structures for flow-through entities; and structures for C corporations and cooperatives
- IC-DISC structures benefits for engineers and architects
- Tips and traps for taking the benefit on indirect exports
- Solutions to typical structure problems