CPE: 2 hours
Prerequisites: Excel Power User Modules1-4 or knowledge of the topics covered.
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: Accounting professionals who use Excel for Windows.
The Excel Power User series is designed to help improve your Excel proficiency and enable you to get your Excel tasks done more quickly.
In this session, we'll explore functions that operate on and return date values and text strings.
We'll continue to integrate these features as we proceed throughout the series.
Note: This session is presented with Excel for Windows. Items covered may not be available in Excel for Mac.
- Identify which Excel function can be used to return the last day of the month.
- Recall the arguments of the DATE function.
- Determine an Excel function that returns the year of the date.
- Determine the last day of the month with EOMONTH
- Date parts: MONTH and YEAR
- Build your own date with DATE
- Concatenation basics
- Improve SUMIFS with CONCATENATE