CPE: 4 hours
Prerequisites: Two years in a leadership or management role in public accounting.
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: Partners, senior leaders and hiring professionals in public accounting firms.
Major shifts in the business environment, rapid advancements in technology and shifting expectations of functional boundaries have led to a new landscape for public accounting firms. This course addresses the flat public accounting firm, where CPAs with all levels of experience are expected to improve profitability, embrace paperless work flows, seek business development opportunities, present clear business communications and improve client service. Prepare your firm for today's environment with a discussion on the multi-generational workforce; telecommuting and flexible time; changing roles within the firm; and aligning your leadership and team on the firm's new vision.
- Determine how to align leadership and team members on the firm's new direction.
- Identify options to address telecommuting and flexible hours requests.
- Determine how to set expectations for a multi-generational workforce.
- Recognize the importance of a culture of accountability—and create action steps to create that culture.
- Identify and eliminate obsolete staff beliefs that hinder firm success.
- Determine how to improve your client service model and pricing.
- Proper expectations for multiple generations in the workforce
- New business opportunities, developing relationships and firm marketing
- Motivating staff
- Improving productivity and profitablity.
- Leveraging technology
- Client service model and pricing