CPE: 8 hours
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: CPAs, financial professionals and business owners interested in learning more about QuickBooks and its latest features.
Discover what a powerful solution the desktop version of QuickBooks for Windows can be for a small business. With a focus on new features and enhancements, this course will provide you with a step-by-step approach, as well as efficiency tips and tricks, to maximize QuickBooks for bookkeeping. This course is also a great way to train or expose clients to QuickBooks basics.
- Determine if QuickBooks is a viable alternative for your firm's bookkeeping services.
- Identify QuickBooks bookkeeping procedures.
- Recognize ways to improve efficiency when completing data entry functions.
- Identify new and different features in QuickBooks, including inexpensive add-ons to make processes more efficient.
- Getting started
- File set up
- Customizing the file
- Cash basis data entry
- Tips and tricks: Bank account, accounts receivable, accounts payable, year-end
- Payroll overview
- Improving efficiency
- Work paper preparation
- Analytical review
- 1099 preferences and processing