CPE: 8 hours
Category: Accounting & Auditing
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: Practitioners and financial professionals in the construction industry
The construction industry is one of the most unique when it comes to being in compliance with the various accounting and auditing standards. This course examines the most recent updates and key issues impacting construction accounting, auditing, and taxation. Find out what these developments mean for you, your company, or your clients. In addition, we will explore the relationship between the contractor and the surety. With the economy showing signs of a slow recovery, it is more important than ever for you to be on top of the very latest in accounting, auditing, and tax changes for the construction industry.
When you complete this course you will be able to:
• Provide efficient, high-quality audit and review services to construction clients.
• Apply GAAP accounting methods applicable to construction contractors.
• Identify key tax issues and how to apply them.
• Contract accounting
• Contractor financial statements
• Working with a surety
• Audit planning and procedures
• Long-term contracts
• Tax accounting for construction contractors
• Taxation for small to large contractors