CPE: 8 hours
Category: Accounting & Auditing
Prerequisites: A background in business credit, cash management and collection issues.
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: CFOs, controllers, financial managers, CPAs in private practice, auditors and practitioners who provide accounting, tax or consulting services to businesses.
This course explores the role of cash and credit within a business and highlights the importance of credit analysis, financial statement analysis, cash management, collection techniques and management of the collection process. You will explore the five Cs of credit, advanced credit techniques and a comprehensive, five-step financial statement analysis model that includes the importance of cash flow the lifeblood of all businesses. Plus, you will identify a combination of simple and highly sophisticated cash management tools, various collection techniques and management styles.
- Identify the five Cs of credit.
- Determine the five-step financial statement analysis model.
- Recall basic and advanced cash management tools.
- Identify effective collection techniques and management of the collection process.
- Credit analysis
- Financial statement analysis
- Cash management techniques
- Collection techniques, including negotiation skills
- Collection management: A human approach