CPE: 2 hours
Prerequisites: Excel Power User Modules1-3 or knowledge of the topics covered.
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: Accounting professionals that use Excel for Windows.
The Excel Power User series is designed to help improve your Excel proficiency and enable you to get your Excel tasks done more quickly.
In this session, we'll examine functions that help us trap and handle errors and discuss efficient methods to perform list comparisons.
We'll continue to integrate these features as we proceed throughout the series.
Note: This session is presented with Excel for Windows. Items covered may not be available in Excel for Mac.
- Identify which Excel function can be used to perform a multicolumn list comparison.
- Determine which approach to indenting report labels is recommended for recurring use workbooks.
- Recall which Excel function returns the count of the number of cells that meet specified conditions.
- Trap errors with IFERROR
- The IF function
- List comparisons
- The ISERROR function
- Multicolumn list comparisons with COUNTIFS
- Perform lookups with SUMIFS