CPE: 4 hours
Category: Accounting & Auditing
Prerequisites: Some knowledge of internal controls and auditing procedures.
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: Accountants in industry, education and public practice.
This course is very different from most courses you will take on fraud. It's specifically designed to assist accountants in industry, education and public practice with identifying the places where fraud will most likely occur by putting you in the position of the one perpetrating the fraud. You're asked, What would you do? and, How would you avoid being caught? Anyone who becomes aware of a possible fraudulent situation ignores the implications at their own peril. The course also points out the huge disconnect between the expectations and reality of what's truly effective in detecting and preventing fraud.
- Identify major fraud risks.
- Improve fraud detection skills.
- Determine how to differentiate between small- and large-company fraud risks.
- Recognize prevention versus detection, and the related costs and benefits.
- A guide to committing, detecting and preventing fraud