CPE: 2 hours
Prerequisites: General working knowledge of Excel and be familiar with basic formulas and navigation within the Excel interface.
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: Accounting and finance professionals who use Excel in their jobs.
Explore top features of Excel, including lookups, external data, subtotal function, subtotal feature and auto filters, that improve productivity and efficiency.
- Identify Excel features that improve productivity.
- Recall Excel worksheet functions that complement the features discussed.
- Determine how to use Excel to automate selected manual tasks.
- Lookups: A better way to get a value from one cell to another
- External data: Pull a range of data from another application or database
- Subtotal function: A superior alternative to the SUM function
- Subtotal feature: Auto-insert subtotal functions
- Auto-filter: Use in conjunction with subtotal function to create an interactive report