CPE: 1 hours
Category: Business Law
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: Accountants, business managers and CFOs.
In this seminar we cover all of the tax and non-tax issues that a US business must consider before entering into a joint venture overseas, including due diligence checklist; legal structuring issues; negotiating and operating the joint venture; dealing with language and cultural barriers; and tax considerations in the US and abroad.
- Determine issues common to cross-border business transactions.
- Identify tax planning opportunities.
- Determine impact of cultural and language barriers.
- Chronology of an international joint venture
- Due diligence: The key to a successful deal
- Crossing the cultural divide
- Cross-border tax planning