CPE: 8 hours
Category: Administrative Practice
Prerequisites: Basic knowledge of qualified retirement plans.
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: CPAs, attorneys, human resources and financial professionals interested in learning more about identifying and administering pension plans.
Gain the necessary knowledge of tax-qualified retirement plans and strategies that will help you better select the most appropriate options for different businesses. We'll cover everything from defined benefit plans to safe harbor Sec. 401(k) plans, and from employee stock ownership plans to contributions and allocation methods. Learn key planning considerations, such as eligibility, vesting and participant loans; Form 5500 reporting and disclosure issues; plan fiduciary considerations; and review the legislative environment.
- Select appropriate plans for your clients.
- Identify administration and compliance issues.
- Recognize fiduciary risk management.
- Recognize key income tax issues related to plan funding.
- Identify problematic plans and potential pitfalls.
- Identify and review types of retirement plans: Defined benefit, profit sharing, traditional Sec. 401(k), safe harbor 401(k), Roth Sec. 401(k) and employee stock ownership.
· Look at the tax ramifications of repaying loans to S corporation shareholders and the final regulations on open account debt