CPE: 8 hours
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: CPAs interested in helping their clients implement or prepare XBRL documents or want to provide XBRL assurance and agreed-to procedures services.
The mandatory use of XBRL by all SEC filers to tag financial data is creating tremendous opportunity for CPAs in several service areas, including advisement, assurance and agreed-to procedures. Along with covering everything from the technology to terminology to how to prepare XBRL documents, this course will explore the issues that are driving the global use of XBRL by all types of organizations and how to leverage this mandated standard into new business opportunities.
- Identify XBRL technology and terminology.
- Determine how organizations are using XBRL.
- Recognize the different professional services that CPAs can offer related to XBRL, including advisory, assurance and agreed-to procedures.
- Identify how the SEC, FDIC and other organizations are using XBRL.
- XBRL terminology and technology
- Accounting and financial reporting problems that XBRL solves
- XBRL document preparation
- Overview of XBRL services provided by CPAs