CPE: 4 hours
Category: Accounting & Auditing
Prerequisites: Experience in general ledger preparation.
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: Accountants; financial planning and analysis professionals; and controllers.
Preparing, collecting and consolidating information to prepare budgets can be overwhelming without some direction. Learn how to collect, organize and use data to better budget, plan and forecast.
- Identify how to determe, evaluate and consolidate the data needed for budgeting, financial planning and forecasting.
- Determine best practices to make the process clear and concise, more efficient and faster.
- Identify accounting control of the process.
- Determine how to set goals for management.
- Determine how to plan for cash requirements, including necessary equity infusions.
- Identify a platform for discussing the future.
- Budgeting and forecasting process and objectives
- Bottom-up vs. top-down P&L
- Rolling vs. annual budgets
- Review process