CPE: 8 hours
Category: Accounting & Auditing
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: Tax practitioners associated with compiled or reviewed GAAP and tax basis financial statements.
Learn to differentiate between tax returns and tax basis financial statements to help you successfully compile and review GAAP and tax basis financial statements. You will also build an understanding of uncertain tax positions; evaluate what book versus tax differences need to be disclosed in tax basis financial statements; and explore frequently encountered accounting and performance issues.
- Identify the differences between GAAP requirements and tax returns.
- Recognize problems in compilations and reviews and learn how to apply the provisions of SSARS 19.
- Determine how to apply the provisions of recent accounting standards updates.
- Compilation and review reports troublesome issues
- Book versus tax differences
- Changes to the body of the statements when tax basis financials are presented
- Necessary tax basis financials disclosures
- Revised deferred tax requirements, including uncertain tax positions
- SSARS 19 update
- Tax and consulting services standards