CPE: 2 hours
Prerequisites: Experience working with computers for daily tasks.
Awareness of ongoing needs to protect critical systems and data.
Familiarity with use of passwords, antivirus software, applying product patches and performing backups
Awareness of security policies and c
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: CPAs and business professionals who want to learn more about safeguarding critical business data.
Cybercrime is a growing threat that's causing companies to lose billions of dollars annually. New and emerging threats are forcing businesses to explore an implement increasingly sophisticated and responsive counter measures. This webcast will explore the latest security threats to keeping data in the cloud and mobile devices; why antivirus is failing; the latest scams; social media concerns; and how technological advances and proper strategies help address and mitigate risks.
- Identify how to guard against most common scams and threats.
- Recognize steps all users should take to ensure their systems and data are protected.
- Determine security polices and monitoring procedures.
- Identify security practices that do and don't work.
- Data and mobile device security
- Latest scams/threats
- Social media concerns