CPE: 4 hours
Category: Government & Nonprofit
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: Gov't auditors and public accts. planning/conducting audits in accordance with Gov't Auditing Stds.
Do you perform engagements in accordance with the Yellow Book? This course provides an excellent baseline of information to accountants in understanding governmental auditing. It is essential that all auditors planning and conducting audits in accordance with Government Auditing Standards understand and be able to discern these concepts and standards in executing their responsibilities.
When you complete this course you will be able to: - Readily understand the key changes contained in the most recent Yellow Book revision related to financial audits. - Apply Yellow Book requirements related to CPE, independence, and peer review. - Comply with general, field work, and reporting requirements related to Yellow Book financial audits.
- Foundation and ethical principles of government auditing
- Standards for use and application of Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS aka "Yellow Book")
- Financial audits, performance audits, attestation engagements and non-audit services provided by audit organizations
- General standards
- Standards for financial audits
- Standards for attestation engagements
- Latest developments