CPE: 2 hours
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: Accountants in public practice.
Learn loss prevention skills and techniques that you and your firm should consider when performing high-duty services, such as business management, family office and closely-held businesses engagements in light of the current legal and professional environment. This course includes a discussion of jury standards (rules and expectations), as well as common liability issues surrounding high-duty services and ways to mitigate these risks.
- Recognize jury “rules" to learn how your actions will be judged by a jury, the ultimate arbiter of you and your actions, and how you can meet the jury’s expectations.
- Define the concept of risk management and the important role it plays in the accounting firm.
- Identify practical ideas to avoid claims.
- Risks involved in high-duty engagements such as business management/family office, trustee engagements, and closely held businesses
- Juries’ expectations of CPAs
- What to include and exclude from engagement letters to avoid risk