CPE: 4 hours
Category: Accounting & Auditing
Prerequisites: Experience in Accounting and Financial Reporting
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: Accts. in industry & P.A. who design internal control systems or are involved in forensic acctg.
More and more forensic accountants are being called upon to detect fraudulent financial reporting and to redesign internal controls to prevent misappropriation of assets. However, it is often difficult to recognize fraudulent and/or deceptive practices. In this course you learn investigative techniques to uncover fraudulent scams and schemes and to sharpen your forensic skills.
This course explains the differences between the role of the forensic accountant and the traditional accountant and how to utilize forensic techniques to ferret out fraudulent activity.
• Role of the Forensic Accountant
• Developing the Engagement Agreement
• Analytical and Investigative Techniques
• Common Fraud Scams
• Approaches to Detect Under/Over Valued Assets
• Preparing for the Deposition Phase
• Recognizing Alternative Methods to Settle a Legal Dispute