CPE: 2 hours
Category: Specialized Knowledge and Applications
Prerequisites: Basic knowledge of computer applications.
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: CPAs and financial professionals who are concerned about security as it relates to technology.
The nearly daily reports about breaches in computer security demonstrate the need for strong controls. As a CPA and broker in sensitive information, it's critical that you understand the technology risks associated with computing and remote access and how to combat them; how to create policies to keep information secure, especially in this age of mobile devices; areas where breaches are likely; and other internal control issues.
- Identify technology risks that come with computing and remote access.
- Recognize methods to compensate for security risks.
- Select foundational policies to help secure your technology infrastructure.
- Risks associated with technology assets.
- Areas where breaches are likely.
- Internal controls related to remote access.