CPE: 2 hours
Category: Specialized Knowledge and Applications
Prerequisites: Basic knowledge of Excel and computer applications.
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: Accountants and finance professionals looking for practical approaches and techniques for minimizing exposure to fraud.
Fraud can strike companies large and small. Learn how to spot an organization's risk areas and fraudulent transactions; create fraud analysis reports; and other techniques using Excel and Access, as well as third-party tools, such as ActiveData.
- Identify steps to automate the process of extracting and analyzing data using Open Database Connectivity.
- Determine how Excel Tables and PivotTables can create reports and analysis for fraud detection.
- Recognize the Benford distribution and how it is used as a fraud detection tool.
- Areas of fraud risk
- Fraud analysis reports not available in your accounting application
- Duplicate payments, invoices and bills
- Analytical reviews using Excel
- Using Benford's Law to identify potentially fraudulent transactions