CPE: 8 hours
Category: Accounting & Auditing
Prerequisites: Basic familiarity with SSARS.
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: Practitioners who perform compilation and review engagements for non-public entities.
Compilation and review issues have dominated the profession during the past few years due to the issuance of SSARS 19, effective in 2011, and the ARSC Clarity Project. We'll addresses the changes and performance requirements in the compilation and review literature so you will be able to perform these services in compliance, while applying best practices for both efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identify changes made to SSARS
- Determine how to effectively perform and efficiently document compilations and reviews under the new standards.
- Identify best practices when performing compilation and review engagements.
- Determine how to perform and document analytical procedures appropriately, including developing expectations.
- SSARS Clarity Project
- Financial statement preparation
- SSARS 19
- Compilation and review performance requirements
- Compilations and reviews: Document and preform
- Special purpose frameworks financial statements
- Liability concerns and issues
- Non-attest service
- Common issues raised in peer reviews