CPE: 8 hours
Category: Specialized Knowledge and Applications
Prerequisites: Basic understanding of Social Security.
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: CPAs in industry and public practice, as well as financial advisers.
Delve into research techniques, advanced Social Security concepts and rules that will help you better serve your clients, market your Social Security services and gain confidence to be proactive in helping clients sort through their Social Security options. As the demographics change, clients are getting older and advisers are receiving an increasing number of Social Security questions. The knowledge you'll gain will help you best answer these questions.
- Choose among the many Social Security options software.
- Recognize how to navigate Program Operations Manual System and the Social Security Administration website.
- Identify advanced Social Security research techniques and planning strategies.
- Recognize the connection between Railroad Pension and Social Security.
- Determine how to market Social Security services.
- Family Maximum
- Annual earnings test
- Delayed Retirement Credits
- Spousal benefits and surviving spouse benefits
- Children’s benefits, specifically the definition of children
- Social Security Options Software
- Alternative pension plans for government workers
- Legislation to change Social Security
- Means testing
- Application process
- Review of Social Security online calculators
- Interview process: The flow of client consultations