CPE: 8 hours
Category: Accounting & Auditing
Prerequisites: General knowledge of desktop or online QuickBooks.
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: CPAs who work with desktop or online QuickBooks clients.
Both desktop and online versions of QuickBooks are widely used by small businesses. In this course, you will gain insights into how a client's selection of desktop or online QuickBooks impacts you when issuing financial statements and making interim visits. Learn to leverage the features of this popular software package to increase your efficiency while meeting professional standards and explore internal control issues and fraud reduction strategies.
Formerly titled: Financial Statement Preparation for Your QuickBooks Clients
- Determine ways to work more effectively with QuickBooks.
- Identify how to efficiently work with client data files to issue financial statements.
- Determine how to customize reports and prepare work papers.
- Identify internal control issues and possible solutions to reduce fraud.
- What to do after receiving a client's file
- QuickBooks file maintenance essentials
- General accounting policies
- Cash vs. accrual statements
- Preparing work papers
- Financial statement preparation using QuickBooks
- Add-on products for financial statement flexibility
- CPA rules and regulations
- Internal control and fraud reduction