CPE: 8 hours
Prerequisites: Participants should have experience in managing other financial professionals.
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: CPAs, CFOs, controllers and managers who would like to develop leadership skills.
Today's competitive environment requires you to lead your company or team through diverse and often complex scenarios. Determine the importance of sound leadership skills and how to identify and eliminate roadblocks to successful leadership. We'll address common workforce issues by using leadership scenarios, explore the difference between a leader and a manager and how to best handle workplace diversity, whether gender, generations or ethnicity.
- Identify leadership skills and common roadblocks.
- Recognize effective leadership vs. simply managing.
- Determine leadership skill-building techniques, including communications, negotiations and personal marketing.
- Recall leadership styles, the psychology of leading and ethical thought leadership.
- Leadership roadblocks
- Leadership vs. managing
- Skill-building techniques: communications, negotiations and personal marketing
- Leadership in ethics
- Psychodynamic leadership theory
- Leadership traits, skills and styles