CPE: 2 hours
Category: Management Advisory Services
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: CPAs, CFPs, lawyers and personal financial planners.
Many clients who have a child about to go to college often have questions surrounding the financial aid process. We'll track the process from completing financial aid forms to the commitment to attend a college. This process can span a year or more, during which the family will visit and revisit colleges, complete applications, complete financial aid forms, receive acceptance letters, receive award letters and even appeal awards. Knowing the whole process is important in helping the client understand the financial aid process.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to determine:
- when students should apply and what type of application they should submit;
- when financial aid forms need to be submitted;
- the different is between an admissions letter and an award letter; and
- how to appeal an award letter.
- Financial aid process: College financial adviser and completing applications
- Colleges applications: Using an education consultant to determine college, deadlines, essays, college visits
- Once accepted: Acceptance vs. award letters and appeal letters