CPE: 8 hours
Category: Accounting & Auditing
Prerequisites: Fundamental knowledge of Excel operations.
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: Accounting and financial professionals desiring more knowledge in the use of Excel for financial statement preparation and analysis.
Most know that Microsoft Excel is a powerful tool for analyzing financial data and preparing financial reports. However, you might not be aware that the program contains useful though frequently overlooked features and functionalities. We'll uncover these features so you can more effectively and efficiently prepare reports.
Gain and learn how to apply knowledge in six major topic areas: advanced techniques for formatting reports and financial statements; assembling and printing reports and schedules; using templates to automate reporting processes; using ODBC to conduct advanced financial analysis with PivotTables connected to the general ledger; consolidating data and using charts; and digital dashboards for presenting financial information.
- Identify and understand how to effectively format financial statements and other Excel-based reports.
- Recognize opportunities to streamline report assembly and printing.
- Differentiate between Excel’s default templates and other templates for financial reporting and analysis.
- Recall how to create templates and apply them to financial reporting and analysis situations.
- Determine how to create Excel-based charts and dashboards for analyzing and communicating.
- Identify how to use conditional formatting to create dynamic dashboard displays of tabular data.
- Formatting techniques for financial statements and other reports
- Financial report assembly and printing
- Templates for financial reporting and analysis
- Financial analysis with Excel
- Consolidating financial data techniques
- Excel charts and dashboards
- Implementing ODBC to import or work with data stored in external databases