CPE: 2 hours
Prerequisites: Excel Power User Modules1 and 2 or knowledge of the topics covered.
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: Accounting professionals that use Excel for Windows.
The Excel Power User series is designed to help improve your Excel proficiency and enable you to get your Excel tasks done more quickly.
In this session, we'll explore six important Excel functions that enable us to automate a variety of tasks.
We'll continue to integrate these functions as we proceed throughout the series.
Note: This session is presented with Excel for Windows. Items covered may not be available in Excel for Mac.
- Identify the keyboard shortcut for evaluating formula text.
- Recall the arguments for the SUMIFS function.
- Recognize the Excel feature that removes duplicate values within a range.
- Conditional summing basics with SUMIFS
- Remove duplicates
- Lookup basics
- Improving VLOOKUP with MATCH
- Improving VLOOKUP with VALUE and TEXT
- Moving beyond VLOOKUP with INDEX