CPE: 2 hours
Category: Accounting & Auditing
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: Accountants in public practice.
Gain a better understanding of fraud and the risks fraud poses to you as a CPA and your clients. This course includes guidance regarding preventing, detecting and responding to potential and suspected fraud incidents. It also highlights survey results from the latest ACFE's Report to the Nations and CAMICO policyholders' experiences.
- Identify the perpetrators of fraud and how they break down by age, position, education level, gender, and other factors.
- Determine ways to better prevent, detect and respond appropriately to fraud and embezzlement.
- Understand juries’ “rules” for evaluating blame in malpractice claims — and how their expectations are far higher than just following professional standards.
- Overview of ACFE’s Report to the Nations survey results
- Understand the concept of the fraud triangle and fraud diamond
- Juries’ high expectations of CPAs
- Risk management techniques to prevent, detect and respond appropriately to fraud and embezzlement