CPE: 2 hours
Category: Management Advisory Services
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: CPAs, CFPs, lawyers and personal financial planners.
Completing financial aid forms can sometimes be a long, cumbersome and sometime confusing task, given the different types of aid available and whether aid qualifications are met. Learn how to best guide your clients in this process by first realizing that every family should complete the forms no matter what their financial resources are. We'll discuss the federal FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and the CSS Profile, as well as review case studies to help you understand the forms.
- Determine who should file financial aid forms and why.
- Identify what forms have to be filed and when.
- Determine the necessary information to provide and why one form will ask for certain information and another will not.
- Forms: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), CSS Profile and other college financial aid
- Parent and student information, and financial information, you report