CPE: 2 hours
Category: Specialized Knowledge and Applications
Prerequisites: Basic understanding of Excel.
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: Accountants and other professionals who want to learn how to write macros in Excel.
Do you shy away from Excel's built-in macro capabilities? If so, you should know that harnessing their power is easier than you think. Learn some quick tips and easy guidelines, from cell formatting to adding formulas to a worksheet, that will help eliminate your macro reservations and save you valuable time.
- Determine uses of macros and how they can save effort and add accuracy.
- Identify the basic steps to build and implement an Excel macro.
- Recall the capabilities and limitations of using the Macro Recorder versus writing macros in the Visual Basic Editor.
- Recognize how to manage macros, including copying and deleting macros.
- Build and implement macros
- Macro Recorder tips and tricks, including relative versus absolute references and End + Down and CTRL + End to operate on variable ranges of data
- Storing macros and the Personal Macro Workbook
- Deleting macros
- Visual Basic for Applications and Visual Basic Editor