CPE: 8 hours
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: CPAs, attorneys and other tax professionals with individual income tax clients who need tax advice and strategy.
An ever-evolving tax landscape means you need to stay on your toes and track those provisions that expire and others that are implemented. Learn to chart legislation and standards updates and guide clients and your practice through these precarious tax times. We'll demystify AMT; address plans for charitable giving; explore tax-saving strategies for real estate owners and investors; go step-by-step through a Form 1040; and more. You'll leave with ideas you can use throughout the year to strategize with clients to minimize tax costs.
- Determine how to integrate year-round tax planning into your practice.
- Identify techniques for individual tax planning.
- Identify tax planning opportunities and strategize with your clients about areas that will save them money.
- Tax planning engagements
- Interest and dividends tax traps
- Passive activities
- The 3.8% Medicare Tax on Net Investment Income
- Social Security
- Charitable contribution planning
- IRAs and other tax deferrals
- California hot topics