CPE: 8 hours
Category: Management Advisory Services
Prerequisites: Basic knowledge of qualified retirement plans.
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: CPAs, attorneys, enrolled agents and other professionals who prepare Form 5500 or who want to add the preparation of Form 5500 to their practice.
Get a practical review of Form 5500 (including 5500SF and 5500EZ) and discuss related schedules, procedures and enforcement. Find out what has changed by studying updated schedules and new forms required for the current reporting year, as well as learn the latest filing requirements to ensure DOL and IRS compliance. You'll also receive step-by-step instructions to more accurately and efficiently prepare or review Form 5500 and learn how to file delinquent forms using the DOL's EFAST2 electronic system.
- Identify the issues involved in preparing Form 5500.
- Determine Form 5500 and related regulatory changes.
- Identify the latest disclosure requirements, particularly those related to reporting direct/indirect fees or compensation.
- Required Electronic Filing (EFAST2) rules
- Forms 5500 and 5500-EZ
- Nuances and schedules associated with Form 5500
- Reporting and disclosing compliance issues
- Reporting delinquent contributions
- Failure to file