CPE: 2 hours
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: Accountants in public practice.
Today, the CPA profession is under more scrutiny than perhaps ever before. CPAs must be prepared to meet the challenges of that scrutiny, which means paying more attention to risk management practices.
CAMICO understands the profession and has developed this presentation to help you gain a better understanding of the practice risks in today's volatile legal environment. Join our expert for a candid discussion on techniques to avoid getting into trouble by making your risk management a profitable part of your practice.
- Identify ways to better equip yourself and your firm to deal with today’s practice risks in light of the current professional environment.
- Identify important do’s and don’ts related to effective defensive documentation techniques.
- Recognize juries’ views regarding the duties and responsibilities of the CPA.
- Choose the most effective risk management techniques to protect your firm and better serve clients.
- Identify potential risk management problems and create plans to avoid them.
- Outline practical ideas to avoid claims.
- CAMICO claim statistics
- Peer review concerns
- War stories and common claim scenarios
- Client screening
- Risk management tools and techniques