CPE: 4 hours
Prerequisites: Basic knowledge of business taxation
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: CPAs looking for innovative tax planning and savings techniques to solve client problems
Solid tax planning strategies are essential for your corporate and small business clients. Join us as we explore state-of-the-art planning ideas and tax-saving strategies to keep more of your client’s money in their pockets. We’ll answer the tough questions and show you what strategies are best for your clients as a result of the most recent tax reform.
When you complete this course you will be able to:
• Solve the unique tax problems affecting small businesses.
• Identify savings opportunities and pinpoint tax traps.
• Substantially cut your small business clients’ tax bills.
• Business tax changes in recent legislation, court decisions, and IRS guidance
• Impact of new 0.9% and 3.8% Medicare taxes on business owners
• C Corporation moves to avoid potentially higher individual tax rates
• Husband-wife businesses: tax-saving strategies
• The 100% gain exclusion for qualified small business corporation stock
• When to switch from C Corporation to S Corporation status (or not)
• Fringe benefit planning for partners and S Corporation shareholder/employees