Early Bird Fees (through 10/26)
After 10/26, add $50 to your fee.
CPE: 8 hours
Prerequisites: Experience in corporate taxation
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: Experienced tax professionals and accountants; private industry accounting and finance managers
You can conquer the theoretical conundrums and compliance issues caused by the question of whether or not a business has nexus in a particular jurisdiction. Be the one to guide your client skillfully through the maze of multistate corporate tax codes. Rapidly develop a working knowledge of both multistate tax compliance and related planning opportunities. With the rate of change, you can’t afford to be out-of-date with your knowledge of this critical tax area.
• Describe the key principles of multistate taxation.
• Advise clients on the implications of establishing nexus in various taxing jurisdictions.
• Analyze client operations and devise strategies that will minimize their client’s overall sales and/or income tax liability.
• Gauge the impact recent judicial rulings in various states on client operations.
• Determine to what extent the state taxation of internet based transactions may impact current and future client activities.
• Constitutional limits and P.L. 86-272
• Nexus, UDITPA, MTC * Calculation of state taxable income
• Filing methods for multistate taxpayers * Apportionment and allocation
• Multistate income tax planning
• Audit defense strategies