Early Bird Fees (through 10/9)
After 10/9, add $50 to your fee.
CPE: 4 hours
Vendor: K2 Enterprises
Prerequisites: Fundamental understanding of basic technology concepts
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: Accounting and financial professionals who are interested in how technology affects them
Are you ready to learn about the latest trends in technology? Do you sometimes feel lost in the technology jungle? Would you like clear guidance regarding Windows, Office, the cloud, security, and other technology-related issues?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then make plans now to invest four hours in this fast-paced and highly informative seminar that is sure to ramp up your return on technology investment.
The technology tools available to all have never been better, but many are not taking full advantage of these tools.
This course helps professionals at all levels understand the major trends in hardware, software, and services and how to utilize these tools to meet organizational objectives both efficiently and effectively. More than just a seminar on the latest computers, you will learn about the full spectrum of practical technology available to you and your team and how to implement these tools for maximum impact.
- List and describe key features of Windows 8 and Windows 10 and identify situations where upgrading to this operating system might be advantageous
- Analyze developments in mobile technologies and develop an optimal strategy for going mobile
Discuss security issues facing accounting and financial professionals and list options for mitigating risk
- List and describe key features of Office 2013 and determine optimal time to upgrade
- Describe trends in hardware, including desktops, laptops, servers, tablets, storage, and printing
- Discuss strategies for successful cloud implementations, including accounting and tax, document management, workflow, and data storage and synchronization applications
- Describe the topic of virtualization and how it potentially changes the technology infrastructure in your office