Early Bird Fees (through 10/9)
After 10/9, add $50 to your fee.
CPE: 8 hours
Prerequisites: Experience in financial management of a medium or small company
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: CFOs, controllers and management accountants who want to improve the value add and impact of their skill set in order to drive the financial performance of an organization
Are you ready to take your role as controller to the next level while adding significant value to the organization? A successful Controller will go beyond financial statements, internal controls and general accounting to create new value for the organization. We’ll explore new additional roles that controllers are now accepting and outline a roadmap you can use to expand your role as a controller from simply internal process/transaction oriented to externally focused understanding of industry and macro trends.
- Differentiate between the value of the traditional controller and the business oriented controller.
- Integrate controllership into the larger financial and organization leadership function.
- Maximize your role within your organization.
- Apply a wide variety of financial and management skills to integrate the position of controller into the organization’s overall financial process.
- Understand how Servant Leadership increases the success of the controller.
- Leadership vs. Management
- Business and strategic planning processes
- Corporate culture
- Lean management techniques and processes
- Promoting and maintaining an ethical culture
- Recruiting, retaining and developing employees
- Project and change management
- Communications, listening and presentation skills
- Managing “up” and how to master it
- Business Strategy and the Controller
- The need for increased efficiency and the application of Lean techniques
- Application of best practices in the Accounting Department