Early Bird Fees (through 11/19)
After 11/19, add $50 to your fee.
CPE: 8 hours
Category: Accounting & Auditing
Prerequisites: Experience in accounting and financial reporting
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: Individuals looking to expand their knowledge of forensic accounting
If you are looking to gain more skills in the growing and lucrative field of forensic accounting, you’ll want to start with this course. Effective forensic accountants are part of a new breed of practitioners who possess a broad spectrum of traits and knowledge.
This course dives into the unique investigative and communications skills and analytical practices required of the best forensic accountants by teaching you how to provide expert witness testimony in mediations, arbitrations, and governmental hearings. You’ll also learn how to use proven research, investigative methods, and proper documentation of evidence to successfully complete a forensic accounting engagement.
This course demonstrates the keys to success in the exciting field of forensic accounting.
- Describe a comprehensive view of the field of forensic accounting.
- Demonstrate how to search for and document evidence.
- Apply investigatory techniques for conducting interviews.
- Explain solutions for uncovering hidden assets using a hands-on team case study.
- Discuss how to document your findings in forensic accounting reports.
- Illustrate how to prepare to be an expert witness at a deposition and trial.
- Predict what to expect and how to avoid opposing counsels’ attempts to exclude your testimony.
- Evidence in the investigative process
- Tools used in forensic investigations
- Conducting interviews
- Searching for hidden assets
- Forensic accounting reports
- Expert witness testimony