Early Bird Fees (through 11/9/)
After 11/9, add $50 to your fee.
CPE: 8 hours
Prerequisites: Experience in business taxation
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: Advisors of closely held businesses, business owners and senior level managers, CFOs, bankers, auditors and others responsible for creating proper structure and advising in the purchase, sale or merger of a business
Become the key adviser to a client or employer who’s buying or selling a business. Your advice will impact your client for years to come! Lead the team of advisers with a keen overview of the transaction in addition to specific tax and accounting technical advice. Buying and selling a business involves more than calculating a transaction gain or loss – it must be valued, due diligence must be conducted, and various stakeholders will be impacted.
• Learn the steps in a business acquisition.
• Become acquainted with the team of advisers involved with the transaction.
• Understand due diligence procedures and transaction documentation.
• Analyze the three principle approaches to valuation of a business.
• Identify key buyer groups and the impact of a sale on them.
• Structure compensation alternatives for individual buyers and sellers.
• Transaction basics
• Due diligence
• Valuation considerations
• Asset versus stock based transactions
• Transaction terms
• Buyer and seller best practices