Early Bird Fees (through 11/6)
After 11/6, add $50 to your fee.
CPE: 8 hours
Prerequisites: Experience in business taxation
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: Managers and partners in public accounting who assist clients with tax planning and transactions, and owners and CFOs of closely held businesses
Provide insightful recommendations for the challenges faced by your closely held business clients. Employ smart business decisions that will minimize the tax burden, not only on the business, but also on the owners.
The concepts are uniquely laid out in the course to allow you to easily and quickly identify those tax-saving strategies that fit your client’s situation.
• Recognize developing tax issues that are impacted by the business’ operations.
• Explore strategies relating to benefits, choice of entity, basis considerations, financing alternatives, passive activity, nexus, cancellation of debt, bankruptcy, and compensation.
• Implement strategies to reduce the taxes paid by the business.
• Recognize and plan for the impact of the business taxes upon the owners of the business.
• Entity options
• Retirement plans and deferred compensation
• Passive activities and at-risk issues
• Shareholder/partner basis
• Insolvency and bankruptcy
• Business losses
• Distressed properties
• Tax credits
• Succession planning
• Multistate taxation