Early Bird Fees (through 9/1)
After 9/1, add $50 to your fee.
CPE: 8 hours
Category: Accounting & Auditing
Prerequisites: Experience with the employee benefit plan audit process and a working knowledge of ERISA
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: Practitioners with experience auditing defined contribution and defined benefit plans
Take the next step in your development and learn how to go beyond the basics in preparing workpapers and financial statements for employee benefit plans. This course will provide the auditor with the tools necessary to understand the complex rules and regulations that impact employee benefit plans as well as guidance on addressing deficiencies. Through group discussions and contemporary case studies, you’ll gain a thorough understanding of the procedures needed to effectively plan and carry out your audits.
• Identify different types of defined contribution plans that are available to plan sponsors.
• Address complex audit and accounting issues associated with defined contribution plans.
• Understand of the different types of investment options that may be available to participants, including the audit procedures for complex investments.
• Explore various fraud examples and develop the appropriate audit responses.
• Implement rules and regulations associated with auditing and reporting for defined contribution pension plans.
• Identification of various types of plans
• Planning, communication, and other activities for defined contribution plans
• Investments and investment related income
• Auditing participant data, contributions, distributions, and participant loans
• Fraud in employee benefit plans
• Government regulations and reporting requirements
• Comparing the audited financial statements to Form 5500
• Legal counsel representations
• Case studies and discussion questions