Early Bird Fees (through 11/3)
After 11/3, add $50 to your fee.
CPE: 8 hours
Prerequisites: Basic knowledge of individual income taxation
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: CPAs looking for innovative taxplanning techniques to help clients fight higher taxes
Make sure your clients are protecting themselves from the onslaught of higher taxes. Get the latest techniques for building and conserving wealth through proactive tax-planning and investment strategies. Completely updated for tax law changes, this course will bring you up-to-date on the latest strategies which will keep more money in the hands of your clients and make you look like a hero!
• Increase client wealth by focusing on tax-saving opportunities not considered in the past.
• Implement tax-planning moves in light of new and recent tax developments.
• Protect your client from tax pitfalls.
• Anticipate possible tax legislation and position your clients for financial success.
• Impact of Supreme Court’s rejections of Defense of Marriage Act
• New 0.9% and 3.8% Medicare taxes
• Mutual fund tax strategies
• All about Roth IRAs - including strategies for self-employeds and estate planners
• The 100% gain exclusion for qualified small business stock
• Personal residence transactions - including short sales and foreclosures
• Reverse mortgages can save taxes on greatly appreciated residences
• Converting personal residences into rentals: tax implications
• Tax-saving ideas for self-employed clients - including ways to reduce SE and FICA taxes, strategies for husband-wife businesses, depreciation breaks and much more
• Tax angles for vacation homes, timeshares, and co-ownership arrangements
• Divorcing clients - tax angles are critically important
• State-of-the-art tax planning for college expenses
• Employer stock options: tax planning moves
Please note location change:
Beau Chene Country Club
602 N. Beau Chene Dr
Mandeville, LA 70471