Early Bird Fees (through 11/3)
After 11/3, add $50 to your fee.
CPE: 8 hours
Vendor: Surgent McCoy CPE
Prerequisites: Experience with pass-through entity clients
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: All tax practitioners, both those working in public accounting as well as those in private industry, who need the latest information on tax changes affecting their business clients or employers
Practitioners need to keep abreast of all tax changes affecting pass-through entities used by their business clients and employers, and this enlightening course delivers that information. You will learn invaluable knowledge, strategies, techniques, innovative tax-planning concepts, income-generating ideas, and other planning opportunities available to S corporations, partnerships, LLCs, and LLPs.
• Understand the major issues on which taxpayers and the IRS are in conflict
• Understand how tax reform affects planning for pass-throughs
• Understand what pass-throughs can do in light of health care changes
• A review of the key cases, rulings, and tax law changes affecting S corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and limited liability partnerships
• Choice of entity issues: is the C corporation a viable choice?
• Basis issues: at-risk, passive activities for partnerships and LLCs
• Self-employment taxes: are there major changes affecting S corporation shareholders on the horizon?
• Debts between entity and the investors: open-account and written debt; defining bona fide debt for back-to-back loans
• Changes in expensing and depreciating capital
• Impact of health care changes on pass-through entities
• Practice aids and tax-planning worksheets
• Coverage of business tax changes
• Any late-breaking tax legislation
• Review of the year’s most important business tax cases, revenue rulings, PLRs, etc.