Early Bird Fees (through 11/2)
After 11/2, add $50 to your fee.
CPE: 8 hours
Prerequisites: Working knowledge of payroll tax issues or payroll type functions
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: CPAs in industry and public accounting responsible for the payroll tax function or those CPAs advising clients on payroll tax issues
This course is designed to provide you with practical pointers for managing the payroll tax and reporting function. Learn how to avoid the frequent penalties in payroll tax reporting and stay up-to-date with the latest information. It also shows how to handle reporting and withholding requirements for employee fringe benefits. Master the often confusing rules for Form 1099-MISC and other information reports including when and how much to report. Make sure you or your clients are in compliance and not subject to IRS penalties!
• Prepare timely and accurate wage and tax reports.
• Make timely and accurate payroll tax deposits and payments.
• Correctly classify employees and independent contractors for payroll tax purposes. • Address payroll tax issues involving fringe benefits and their valuation.
• Identify and properly withhold for statutory employees and statutory non-employees.
• Comply with information reporting including the various 1099 Forms and Form W-2.
• Properly report required information for new hires and obtain required information on work eligibility and identity.
• Properly report back employee wages and back-up reporting of independent contractors.
• Properly determine taxable vs. tax free compensation.
• Update on new changes made to payroll tax legislation for the current year including changes in health care laws
• Review of various websites, forms, publications and other payroll and benefit tax resources
• Properly reporting payroll withholding for various types of compensation
• Understanding the 20 Factor Test for employee classification
• Section 530 relief for employers with worker classification issues
• Reporting requirements on a quarterly and annual basis
• Understanding New Hire Reporting and latest changes in I-9 Reporting to verify employee identity and work eligibility
• Forms W-2 and W-3 Issues
• How to properly classify employee benefit tax liabilities
Please note location change:
Beau Chene Country Club
602 N. Beau Chene Dr
Mandeville, LA 70471