CPE: 8 hours
Category: Government & Nonprofit
Prerequisites: Experience in the not-for-profit environment
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: Professionals working with or in the not-for-profit environment
Rather than training to run part of the race, train to run the entire race from start to finish. This course trains you to clear key hurdles in not-for-profit accounting and reporting in an efficient and effective manner. Avoid the potholes of confusion and finish first by providing a financial picture that end users can truly understand.
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Identify the unique aspects of the not-for-profit environment.
- Apply the unique not-for-profit accounting and reporting requirements.
- Perform more effective audits of not-for-profit organizations with better knowledge of not-for-profit accounting and reporting requirements.
- The not-for-profit government and GAAP
- Core elements of financial reporting
- Exchange transactions and contributions
- Gains and losses, expenses and reclassifications
- Investments and split interest transactions
- Reporting and measuring results