IRS Disputes: Identifying Options
Get the confidence and understanding you need to stand up to
the Internal Revenue Service. Learn about what may trigger an audit, how to
negotiate with the IRS, settle on appeal, and qualify for an IRS collection
program. Represent your client with confidence and evaluate your client’s best
options for dealing with the IRS.
• Audit selection, examination, and the appeals process
• Installment agreements and offers in compromise as options
for delinquent taxpayers
• The IRS collection process for tax liens, levy, seizure,
• Bankruptcy options and the effect on tax liabilities
When you complete this course you will be able to:
• Evaluate IRS audit trends and the audit selection process.
• Determine when IRS requests could be challenged.
• Become familiar with the timing, scope, and location of
various IRS audits.
• Understand IRS audit techniques and inquiries and appeal
• Manage the information document request process and
evaluate the contents of a revenue agent report (RAR).
Speaker: Wendy Kravit
Field of Study: Taxes
CPE Credits: 4
Yellow Book: No