Risk, Cost, and Cash Management for Controllers and Financial Managers
When an organization fails, it is usually due to several
factors. These often result from a number of undetected, poor practices that infect
and grow throughout the entire organization. They can include a lack of
understanding of costs, poor asset allocation, systems that support the status
quo, failure to identify risk, tunnel vision by management, and so on. Often,
management will repeat poor practices across the enterprise. For example, do
you think a so-called “budgeting crisis” is normally due to the budget, or
actually hidden, existing problems that were uncovered due to the budgeting
This course demonstrates the use of practices and techniques
specifically designed to assist CPAs and other financial professionals in
adding value to their company through improved decision-making, cost
management, understanding business cycles, managing continuous improvements,
cash management, and risk management. Examples of actions by both successful
and failed organizations are used throughout the session.
• Techniques and ideas to establish and maintain an effective
• Examples of successful and failed companies as a source of
• Identification of broad measures that provide insights into
the direction of the economy
• Practical ideas to improve forecasting
• Framework and methods to uncover and manage risk
When you complete this course you will be able to:
• Identify and correct practices that can negatively impact
• Isolate and measure cost drivers and trends.
• Prepare for and navigate an organization through the
• Initiate and manage a variety of improvement programs.
• Implement cash management systems and consolidate them into
an organization’s plans.
• Identify and manage risk throughout the enterprise.
Who Should Attend: Owners, controllers, treasurers, financial officers, and other financial
Requisite Knowledge: Management experience in accounting, finance, or operations
Speaker: Tony LaRusso
Field of Study: Management Advisory Services
CPE Credits: 4
Yellow Book: No